Thursday, March 04, 2004

good news and bad news today.

Good News...apparently now MY webhost has unlimited storage for my account. yay. Unfortunately, but understandably, bandwith limit is the same. Still, I have yet to break 100 MEG of transfer /month, so I think I'll be ok for a while. Time to start hosting some stuff....maybe even *gasp* yet ANOTHER site redesign?

Bad News...I am so damn tired of school right now...all I want to do is quit and find a job...ANY job. Prob couldnt find anything if I wanted to tho. Computer jobs are tight...altho they're better than they were a coupla years ago. Want an example? I'm sitting in pc lab right now, watching an old lady fiddle with a printer that's been here since I got outta high school in '95....dot matrix of course. Lab aids are no longer freshmen who've kissed enough ass to land a "sit on my butt" job all day. Now they're actually folks that are laid off and can't find anything better....

I am done with cars for now. I am gonna get the 73 running, since it's so close, but no more spending all my cash on go fast stuff...I can't afford it. I'm godawful bored tho. I understand now the joke about the laid off network admin wiring the whole house. I am of a mind to wire up mine with security cameras and auto on coffee maker....and other stuff, just becasue I'm so freaking bored. Worst thing is IF I get a decent job, will be nothing more than entry level, stuff I've been doing for years...

Not really depressed or anything right now, just ansty, bored, and dead broke. Rent was paid today...ugh.

Need some booze. That's it. And more (local)friends would be nice. Cheap gas prices would be super.

Heard from an old buddy that used to be into LARPS. Seems the kc kanar is inactive this year, and Emporia kanar is once again on the move. I need the stress relief, god knows. Might actually go do it.
What is Kanar & LARP? It's Basically SCA with foamed padded utensils....




No comments: