Saturday, April 02, 2005

My god, I'm a post whore. Not as bad as talking to myself, or my potential audience of 10 million random web surfers. This link is to an amazon list of teensploitation flicks. I dont see Legend of Billie Jean anywhere on there. However, some of the dude's links are pretty interesting. Some other time I will explain my love of Pat Benatar....

Big Dog Motorcycles has some DAMN sexy bikes. damn sexy. Big boys toys car show today at century II. I hear there is gonna be an all aluminum SMALL BLOCK 454 on display there. I think I'm gonna pay them a visit on my lunch break. I know if I see that display, I may just fall in love....
In related news, it's been going around that GM is going to do away with either their Buick or Pontiac motor division, cause of low sales. Sucks to be them.

12 Kingdoms is the shit. If you have not seen this anime, you MUST. It kicks so much ass, its not even funny. Shy, introverted high school girl becomes Queen of her own kingdom in an alternative (loosely based on chinese mythology) world. Been done, sure. But instead of something like say, Fuushigi Yuugi, where the main chick has people protecting her, she learns responsibility, leadership, and the ability to swing a sword and kick ass on her own. The fight scenes kinda taper off to get into the politics in the middle of the series, and there's ALOT of terminology to learn, but what fight scenes there are kick so much ass, they will make your nuts hard. Even if you don't have nuts ;) Its a lot like Naruto, except it's serious, not a whole lot of jokes. I found it amusing that kids are born on trees, though.

Alot of folks like what's called yuri anime. Series like Avenger, or Noir, or Utena. In all of these, gender roles are mixed or reversed or the like. You usually have a pair of characters of the same sex with ambiguously sexual undertones. I like these series because the main character usually has a clear cut right or wrong conscience, even if the world or environment they deal in isn't so clear cut. They fight for what they believe in, and they surely do kick ass doing it. Avenger, Noir, and Hack Sign are all drawn by Bee Train, which is my favorite anime production studio.

No comments: